Activision’s official Call of Duty social media accounts gave the multiplayer gameplay reveal for the upcoming Black Ops Cold War. The new information gave details on various modes, maps, and weapons.
This is the next generation of Black Ops Multiplayer. #BlackOpsColdWar
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) September 9, 2020
New Call of Duty Reveal
The reveal began with info about the various Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War maps. Revealing over six new maps, some of which will include vehicles like Tanks, Snowmobiles, Attack Helicopters for use. These maps, also known as Combined Arms Maps, will release on launch, including the Domination mode.
New sound engines will instantly improve player experiences in multiplayer. The new operator loadouts are all customized. Similar to Modern Warfare, Create-a-Class will be slot-based, meaning players won’t need to unlock loadout slots. Only the weapons and perks themselves. Black Ops Cold War also returns with Field Upgrades from Modern Warfare.
Similar to recent Call of Duty titles, Wildcards are a part of loadout customization. They offer a variety of benefits to class loadout.
- Grant eight attachments for a primary weapon
- Carry up to six Perks
- Double the number of lethal and tactical equipment given on spawn
- Carry three Perks from any category, rather than be limited to one of each
The new and improved Gunsmith offers up to 54 attachments to primary weapons. On top of that, Scorestreaks will take a similar form to Call of Duty Ghosts. Earned scores towards the scorestreaks will carry over even through death. Thankfully, Activision will limit reward spam through scorestreak cooldowns.
Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer Gameplay
Most notably in the new Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War gameplay reveal, Activision explained new movement abilities in the game. Including sprints, movement will be better than ever.
- Sprint Take Off – Operators automatically receive a burst of speed when starting a sprint, then settle down to a normal sprint speed.
- Sliding – Slides start and end in a crouched position for a more believable movement pattern.
- Footstep Control – Faster movement makes more noise, while slower movement doesn’t make as much sound. Players can further reduce the sound of their footsteps while sprinting with the return of the classic Ninja Perk.
- Jumping – Expect more natural height in jumps, which briefly slows an operator down as they land.
Set to support cross-platform and cross-generation, players from all devices can work together. Activision’s Call of Duty of Duty Black Ops Cold War gameplay reveal showed off many new features to excite fans. With a release date on November 13, the Call of Duty and Warzone scene will shift with the new title.
Written by Justin Amin