Esports tournament organizer Elisa is expanding its operations across the globe with the Elisa Champion of Champions Tour. The company has partnered with Relog Media and FunSpark to host a $2.7 million CS:GO esports tournament circuit. The events will feature an overarching points system managed by Grid Esports to help new users understand the points system of the new circuit.
Elisa Champion of Champions Tour
The new tournament circuit will bring events by three different tournament organizers under one umbrella circuit. The CS:GO esports Elisa Champion of Champions Tour will also hold a $2.7 million prize pool and run through 2021-2022. All Relog Media, FunSpark and Elisa events will use an overarching point system to determine team rankings and qualifications.
Elisa expands esports operations globally and joins forces with @GRIDesports,@FunsparkCSGO and @RelogMedia in order to form the $2,7m #ElisaChampionOfChampions tour, paving a way towards a new tier 1 event for the global esports fans!?
?: https://t.co/s2siailSKe#ElisaCSGO pic.twitter.com/I2WWTEIOAi
— Elisa Esports (@ElisaEsports) April 26, 2021
Each tournament organizer also continues to fund their individual prize pools. The new CS:GO tournament circuit will use GRID esports to manage data. Elisa’s announcement says this partnership can help spectators get more insights into the game played on a live platform.
“With the extended tournament structure co-operated with Relog Media and Funspark, we wanted to provide a new way for European top teams to better their rankings and compete, even if they are not official partners with the largest commercial leagues,” Teemu Koski, Head of Elisa Esports said. “Our tour will attract an extraordinary combination of interesting teams in the world, which has been a long-awaited element by our viewers and fans across the Nordics and Europe. For our viewers we wanted to tell that we have listened, and acted accordingly.”
What is the CS:GO Esports Event’s Structure?
Every quarter, Elisa Invitational tournaments will take place with a $400 thousand prize pool. The top teams from there gather at the Elisa Masters events, which even feature a $250 thousand prize pool. FunSpark and Relog Media will also host their own respective Masters level events too.
Finally, the Masters level events lead up to a new flagship CS:GO esports event – Elisa Champion of Champions – that takes place in Fall 2022.
Here are the four Elisa Invitational events in the new tournament circuit:
- Elisa Invitational Spring 2021 ($100 thousand total prizing). SKADE won this event.
- Elisa Invitational Summer 2021 ($100 thousand total prizing).
- Elisa Invitational Fall 2021 ($100 thousand total prizing).
- Elisa Invitational Winter 2021 ($100 thousand total prizing).
The best teams from these invitational tournaments qualify to Elisa Masters 2022 with a $250 thousand prize pool.
Elisa Champion of Champions Tour Preview
Qualification Stages (2021-2022)
- Home Sweet Home tournaments ($1.2 million total prize money)
- Elisa Invitational tournaments ($400 thousand total prize money)
- Funspark tournaments ($330 thousand total prize money)
LAN Stages (2022)
- LAN Sweet LAN Masters tournament ($250,000 total prizing)
- Elisa Masters tournament ($250,000 total prizing)
- Funspark ULTI Grand Finals ($300,000 total prizing)
- Online Qualification Stages, where teams collect points
- Offline LAN Stages, where teams collect points
- Elisa Champion of Champions tournament in 2022, where teams with the most point battle for the title of the Champion of Champions
$2.7 million prize pool across a handful of tournaments in 2021-2022
Written by Rohan Samal
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
If you’re interested in seeing more of Esportz Network, follow our social media at Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. We have daily podcasts at the Esports Minute and weekly interviews at the Esportz Network Podcast. Anyone can also join our community on Discord and chat about your favorite games, esports, and more!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.