Fortnite Chapter 2 brings in many new features, map changes, and weapon revamps. Epic games marketed the new season perfectly, letting their weekend black hole catch millions of eyes. The community’s response to a new chapter in the world of Fortnite has also been positive.
Throughout all of Fortnite’s social media channels, positivity was expressed by most of the community towards the new season and content. Ninja, arguably Fortnite’s top player and streamer, loves these changes.
I am in love with this new Fortnite
— Ninja (@Ninja) October 15, 2019
However, some critics deplored the changes. Mainly due to several bugs encountered in the early phases of this season.
Considering the gravity of the update, the development team did really well. But players still encounter some bugs that got through to launch.
- Key binds resetting
- Significant framerate drops
- Lack of mobility
Many previously unintroduced features were added to the game.
- New vehicles: Boats compatible with both water and land.
- Fishing: Done by a fishing rod. Players fishing can obtain various items such as fish, a tin can and weapons of blue and above rarity.
- Upgrade machines: Found in all named locations. Machines give players the opportunity to upgrade their weapon class using specific materials.
- Slurp effect: With the launch of Season 2, a number of items are placed in Slurpy Swamps that provide shields upon destruction. The small water bodies near Slurpy Swamps also recharge health and shields.
- Swimming: Rivers flowing through the map now allow players to swim through them.
- Hiding in objects: Players can now hide in haystacks and bins placed in various locations around the map.
- Carry knock-downs: Knocked-down teammates can be carried to prevent deaths from storm damage or enemies. Players can also carry knocked-down opponents and “Yeet” them. A command named “Yeet” was introduced that throws the carried player off.
- Bots: Arguably the most awaited feature of Chapter 2. Bots are AI-controlled players developed from machine learning algorithms guaranteeing accurate skill-based matchmaking.
The entire Loot Pool of Chapter 2 was redesigned and reset. Only basic weapons can be discovered in the game.
Weapon Revamps and Changes
The following guns received design revamps, added variants, or changes.
- Burst Assault Rifle
- Submachine Gun
- Rocket Launcher
- Bot-Action Sniper
Fortnite’s battlegrounds also received major updates. Newly added locations are as follows.
- Slurpy Swamps
- Weeping Woods
- Holly Hedges
- Misty Meadows
- Lazy Lake
- Frenzy Farm
- Dirt Docks
- Sweaty Sands
- Craggy Cliffs
- Steamy Stack
Some included locations were present in Fortnite’s last chapter and therefore received no major changes.
There are a number of glitches currently in Fortnite.
- Airborne boat: Boats can now fly in mid-air and function normally if proper procedure is followed. This provides an unfair advantage to people who can fire from above and catch enemies unattended.
- Experience: If a player visits the steel bridges located at four different points throughout the map, they are granted 2,000 points of experience per bridge visited. This can be repeated every match.
- Under the map: Players can get under the map by following fan guides of the glitch. This glitch entered the game since the launch of chapter 1.
Fortnite Chapter 2 proves more exciting than ever before. Players around the world are enamored with all the changes. With so much more to look forward to, fans can’t wait to see what the next update will bring.
Written by Aashir Ahmed