All-Star League of Legends is a celebration that brings together the biggest LoL personalities and the best professional players in the world. The event is a three-day occasion featuring unique game modes, charity events, and competitive tournaments.
Riot Games is going to be including something rather new. A Teamfight Tactics competition is being featured in the upcoming event. Riot officially announced the date for the 2019 all-star event.
The much-anticipated event occurs December 5 through December 8 and takes place at the Esports Arena in Las Vegas, USA. Last year, fans voted for which pro player they wanted in the event to represent their region.
This year is no different. And this time, 64 all-stars will attend the event.
- Two pro players from each esports region voted on by fans.
- Six invited pro players, chosen by Riot after the fan votes.
- League of Legend partners (streamers, LoL community members, etc.)
- Professional TFT players and personalities.
The full roster of partners attending shall be announced before the event’s commencement.
While the pool of attendees is only 64, Riot Games made sure the event is inclusive. Giving LoL fans the power to vote which professional player they want in the event makes a good democratic approach. And having the power to choose who is participating in the tournament gives the community the sense that they are also joining in on the fun and not only the attendees.
League of Legends professional players will participate thanks to this process:
- Fans will vote for two professional players from their regional league. Only professionals who played in the most recent competitive split are eligible.
- Fans can cast votes for other regions as well, but votes only weigh-in for 20 percent of the total vote, within any region.
- The top two players with the highest number of votes in each region will get an invite to the all-star event.
- Standing/ranking updates will be accessible on the voting site and LoL esports socials.
Voting is open for approximately a week.
The event features a variety of exciting modes and matches, that will keep fans on their feet during the celebration.
- Show matches
- 1 v 1 matches
- 5 v 5 summoners rift
- URF mode (original blind pick)
- Tandem mode
- TFT Tournament
League of Legends 2019 All-Star event looks to be a joyride in the making. Countless activities will allow the community to strive. Fans know the celebration is going to be a success, having much to look forward to. Even a cosplay contest in Europe is in the books.
Featured Image credit: Riot Games