For almost two months, players played Volibear after his rework. For years, the character had some of the worst pick rates in the entire game and this rework was necessary. However, with a 39 percent win ratio in the jungle and top, he is still one of the weakest League of Legends characters out there, even after his rework. After giving him a slight buff in the latest League of Legends update, Riot Games stated in a Reddit post that it will not be enough. League of Legends Patch 10.12 will buff the Volibear rework.
Making Volibear Competitive
The character is “struggling to succeed in all roles in higher MRRs,” said Riot Games champion designer Nathan “Lurtz” Lutzburg. “This is why we’re specifically targeting top lane and skilled play with our buffs for 10.12.”
In League of Legends Patch 10.12, Volibear will receive improvements for both his stats and abilities. Thundering Strike and his ultimate will get some buffs to compete against stronger champions. Alongside these improvements, a few bugs that worked against Volibear will be corrected. According to Lurtz, the goal of these changes is to turn Volibear into a “healthy, sustainable spot for long term balance.”
- Mana/level increased to 50 from 40
- Health/level increased to 90 from 85
- Q’s empowered attack can no longer be interrupted once it’s been initiated
- Q’s empowered attack now scales its timing with attack speed
- His tower disable duration changes from to 3/4/5 seconds from 2/4/6
- R’s damage sweet spot radius increased to 300 from 250
- R’s damage increased to 300/500/700 from 250/475/700
In addition, bugs like his automatic attack after his empowered skill or the fail of his Thunderous Smash reset will be corrected. Some quality of life changes will also be present to make the champion more enjoyable to play.
- E and R impact craters now disperse faster
- R model size reduced slightly
- W mark VFX is now much larger and is better anchored to the target’s health bar
- Disabled towers are now significantly darker to indicate their status
- When at full Passive stacks, Volibear’s paws are less bright
- Various visual bug fixes to Volibear’s skins
- Volibear’s ETERNALS go live in 10.12
- Enemies killed with R
- Enemies hit by E while stunned by Q
- Lifetime healing from W
Riot Games’ Focus
According to Riot, even the latest patch increased Volibear’s win rate in the jungle. With the League of Legends Patch 10.12 introducing more impactful changes, Volibear’s future looks bright. Fans can almost be certain that Riot Games is treating the character with respect. Since Patch 10.12 releases on June 10, one of the first things players will try is to test the Volibear rework. Of course, Riot Games is still looking at players’ feedback to adjust and find out what works best for this champion.
Written by Charles FUSTER
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.