Media Training Manager
To provide media strategy and training for gamers, teams, and brands to meaningfully impact the future of eSports.
Esports Media Training Managers will work with Esportz Pro customers and cater media strategy and training programs dedicated to their needs. You will need to communicate said strategies and training programs between the customer and Esportz Pro trainers. You will also be asked to report to Esportz Pro headquarters and Esportz Pro customers as needed.
As an Esports Media Training Manager, you will be tasked to oversee trainers working with esports players, coaches, managers, brands and other entities teaching the art of speaking to the media and public. Both manager and trainers will need to understand the current environment of esports and understand professional streaming etiquette among other proper social media and traditional media practices.
Chosen trainers will be contracted to customers as they are booked. Since many Esportz Pro customers will be colleges and teams in locations spread throughout the United States, trainers should expect to travel and have a vehicle to do so. Trainers in remote locations distant from our headquarters may initiate interviews and training via webinar.
As a manager, you may or may not need to travel with them depending on the specified customer contract.
- Leading and preparing a team of trainers to educate clients and students on appropriate media etiquette
- Maintaining staff by recruiting and selecting adept personnel
- Planning, communicating, and monitoring the job expectations of our esports media trainers
- Establishing strategic goals by gathering pertinent information and implementing them into operations
- Teaching and developing trainers to properly represent our purpose which is to help trainees better represent themselves and sponsors
- Analyzing social weak points and other factors that may affect marketability and public relations
- Conveying and demonstrating professional examples of a mindful and articulate communicator in the world of eSports and sports alike
- Preparing illustrative learning material for students who may become professional players, coaches, organization owners, and others involved in the gaming entertainment industry
- Building relationships with clients and keeping them satisfied with personalized plans
- Helping clients develop a strategy statement and aiding them to stay consistent with it
- Exhibiting suitable disposition and responses to interviewers, cameras, and events of an unpredictable nature
- Identifying examples of media pitfalls and collapse in the gaming community and pointing out areas of improvement and appropriate practices
- Evaluating engagement on social platforms and communities that may affect one’s public portrayal
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in communication, business, marketing, sports administration, psychology, or equivalent relevant experience
- 2+ years experience with a management-level position
- Experience in teaching, coaching, tutoring, or other relevant occupations
- Understanding of the current esports and gaming environment, culture, and language
- Extraordinary communication, leadership, and presentation skills
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Adaptability and willingness to adjust to accommodate unique administrative needs
- Fluency in English, Chinese, Korean, and/or Spanish is a plus.
- Experience in managing teachers, coaches, teams, or other management positions.
- Proven experience working for or with professional eSports organizations.
How to apply
Please submit a few details about yourself, making sure you include these specifics:
- Your resume/CV and cover letter
- Link to your online portfolio
- Where you are located
- Any and all eSports experience